This article is about BlueStacks Android Emulator. BlueStacks Android Emulator is a program for Windows and MAC PC which allows an individual to run Android apps within Windows and MAC OS. BlueStacks refers to a 3rd party software which enables you to use the android system on the Microsoft Windows as well as Apple’s MAC OS. This software is produced by a technology company from the United States of America. An individual cannot have the ability to play various mobile games or run different mobile apps in his or her computer without using BlueStacks. The BlueStacks is intended to change that by bringing the games into more platforms as well as opening up a mobile gaming world to many individuals. BlueStacks is being utilized by more than 200 million gamers across the world.
BlueStacks consists of an engine with high-speed emulation called LayerCake. The LayerCake comprises ARM to X86 interpreter which enables the running of apps and a hardware acceleration layer which helps to run even 3D Android games that are graphically intensive (Judge, 2013).
Through LayerCake, the BlueStacks allows an individual to fluently run any Android app if he or she is using a decent computer. BlueStacks has a play store integration as well as a Google account which allows apps installation from 3rd party stores and through APKs.
BlueStacks as well as features integration for apps of social networking such as Twitter and Facebook. The latest version of BlueStacks comes with an entire host of new features. The most interesting among these new features is multitasking with Android. Multitasking helps an individual to run multiple android apps within a tabbed interface. The latest version of BlueStacks also features brand-new Welcome as well as Android tabs that shows people the most popular apps being utilized around the globe and allows them to install them on their computers.
BlueStacks allows a person to play several apps or games which are designed for smartphones on standard desktop computers. Many gamers prefer playing their games on a real computer as opposed to a smartphone. BlueStacks gives people access to mobile-related games even if they don’t possess smartphones as long as they have access to computers. This introduces many individuals to the gaming community. Bluestacks is vastly used and loved by gamers all over the world.
Steps for Downloading BlueStacks on Windows
The following are the steps followed when downloading BlueStacks on Windows:
- An individual should open any web browser. For example Google Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.).
- Go to the address bar and type “www.bluestacks.com”. Then check for the “Enter” key on the keyboard and press it. Please note that the address should not have quotation marks.
Below is a screenshot for step one.
- Click on the Download BlueStacks button.
- This will eventually lead you to the download page. Upon reaching the download page, you will be required to click on “Download”.
- After the download has begun, you may either save the exe file in your PC’s downloads folder or even specify a custom location where you would like the downloaded file to be saved.
- Upon the completion of the download, you can click on the BlueStacks installer exe file.
Steps for Downloading BlueStacks on MAC OS
There are some requirements an individual is required to fulfill in order to download BlueStacks on his or her Mac. For example, he or she needs to have Mas OS Sierra or higher with 4GB Random Access Memory as well as 4GB HDD disk space. Graphics drivers which are up to date from the manufacturers of graphics, as well as the latest App store updates, are required on an individual’s Mac. An individual may as well need the latest drivers for graphics from the website of graphics card manufacturer for his or her Mac. If an individual meets all these requirements, he or she can successfully download BlueStacks on his or her Mac with minimal instructions.
Below are the steps to be followed when downloading BlueStacks on MAC OS:
- Download a DMG file.
- Wait until the download is complete then click and install the app of BlueStacks.
In case you see a pop-up box showing “System Extensions Blocked” no need to panic.
- From the pop-up, open “Security Preferences”. You will be taken to “Security and Privacy Settings”.
- Click “Allow”. After clicking you will be able to start downloading BlueStacks on your MAC OS.
- Upon completing the download, you can run BlueStacks and begin downloading your favorite Android games as well as apps directly to your Mac.
There are several BlueStacks alternatives. They include the following:
- Andy Android Emulator.
It is among the best android emulators for PC. An individual can easily use it to run Android apps on his or her Windows or MAC OS.
- Droid4x Official
It is an amazing BlueStacks which allows a person to easily use an Android app on his or her PC. Droid4x software is free and easy to use. It works excellently if you happen to have a touchscreen PC or laptop. The screenshot below shows the interface of Droid4x software.
It is a powerful alternative BlueStacks app. It emulates all android games and apps for free on different android devices. It is free for all users. It as well supports advanced features like hardware acceleration and OpenGL.
- Nox App Player Windows 10 Download
It allows a person to install and run his or her favorite Android apps on his or her MAC OS or Windows. Nox supports a computer’s mouse, keyboard and gamepad thus helping a person to express his or her gaming experience on a PC.
Other BlueStacks alternatives are:
Judge, G. (2013). BlueStacks. Packt Publishing Ltd.